My 2009 Predictions
First, how did I do with my 2008 predictions?
My 2008 Predictions
1. Housing will not recover in 2008. Right on
2. Gasoline will be $4/gallon and stay there. 1/2 right
3. Oil will stay over $100 barrel for most of the year. Check, altho I dived late.
4. The market will take a huge hit, but bounce back by year end. 1/2. It didn’t really come “back”
5. Republicans will somehow hang onto White House. 0
6. Lakers will make it the conference finals. Geez! Yes! Finals even.
7. Foreclosures will be at record levels. Yup
8. Apple will release a cool tablet which will basically be an iPod Touch with a larger screen. Nope. Still hoping though.
9. My daughter will achive a 3.5 report card…gawd I hope. Unfortunately opposite is occuring.
10. I will buy a new TV. Check. Old rear-screen died.
11. The Fed will raise interest rates. Dead wrong.
12. Neither Blueray nor HD DVD will gain traction. I’ll take this. Blueray isn’t catching on.
13. Supply of the Wii will exceed demand. Nope, I think they are still relatively hard to get.
14. Steve Jobs will make some deal regarding stock option backdating and avoid having to leave Apple. Maybe, but we’ll never know.
15. Facebook will fade. nope.
7 out of 15. Nearly 500 ball, but not very good.
1. Lakers will win the NBA championship
2. The Celtics won’t make it to the finals.
3. My daughter will achieve a B average.
4. High foreclosure rate will continue
5. The median price of homes will continue to decline albeit at a slower pace
6. We will officially enter a recession
7. Prez Obama will claim he didn’t know how bad it really was
8. Apple will become “mortal”
9. I will get a new phone
10. West Los Angeles home prices will finally succumb to significant price declines.
11. I will gain a new hobby
12. I will maintain my weight loss