My cable modem was unable to connect yesterday, so I called techsupport. After about 15 minutes of holding and the obligatory check-the-lights-unplug-replug, I got an appointment THREE DAYS in the future! Later I went behind the TV and made sure the coax cables were fully screwed in…they weren't. The modem connected right up.
Now the point of my story. Unsuccesfully tried to find the local number, but ended up calling the national 888 number to cancel my appointment. Well, their automated system knew I had an appointment scheduled and had options to reschedule AND cancel! Holy freakin sh*t! I am very impressed. The front end of the techsupport process sux, but this was an unexpected surprise.