Merging multiple Facebook accounts into one
Once upon a time, I had two Facebook accounts. I wanted to have one for family and another for a “cooler” group of friends. I even had a blog entry on how to post to multiple Facebook accounts haha. At some point, it got to be too much of a hassle and I decided my life would be much more simple if I only had one…but…how do I move my friends from one account to the other? Well, there is no automated way to do it, but it can be done pretty simply.
First off, let’s call the Facebook account you want to keep FB-Keep and the one you want to get rid of FB-Delete.
- Log into FB-Keep and make FB-Delete your friend.
- Go your friends list and click on FB-Delete to see its profile page.
- Click Friends just below the cover photo and FB-Delete’s list of friends will appear. The first people listed are friends you have in common. As you scroll down, you will start to see the button next to the names change from Friends to Add Friend.
- Click Add Friend for all of the ones you want to add.
- You can just keep revisiting this page to see the progress as people accept your friend requests. I suggest you bookmark it–not all people check their Facebook account every second, so it will probably take you weeks or months to complete this project. Eventually, you can delete your FB-Delete account unless you want to save its contents for future reference–just don’t use it.
That’s it! Easy Peasy, right? You may end up with a couple stragglers that don’t accept your friend request, but you’ll live. :-) I think I ended up with only one that didn’t accept and that was because they had abandoned that account.
I suppose the title of this post is a little misleading. I haven’t really merged the accounts. All of the photos, posts, etc. from the old account will be lost if you delete it, but to me the important thing was merging the friends. Hope this helps you. Good luck!