Force Google Chrome Bookmark Sync
I suppose that Google doesn’t have a “Force bookmark sync” button because they are worried about the potential strain on their servers. However, I’ve found that sometimes my desktop PC and laptop get out of sync and I really need this feature. I’ve seen some suggest stopping the sync and then re-enabling it, but this is a bit of a pain because you have to re-enter your login info. Fortunately, I’ve found a much more reasonable workaround and here it is:
1. First, open the Chrome Options page, by clicking the little wrench icon in the top-right of the browser window and choosing Options from the drop-down menu.
2. Next, choose Personal Stuff on the left side.
3. In the Sync group of options, click Customize and a new window will appear.
4. On the Data Types tab, change the setting to Choose what to sync and uncheck Bookmarks. Click OK.
5. A Success! message should appear. Click OK to clear.
6. Click Customize again and change the setting back to Keep everything synced. Click OK.
7. Eventually you should see the Success! message again. Congrats! You’ve just forced Chrome to sync your bookmarks!