Ordered an 8GB Sansa Fuze
Got a 8% discount from Buy.com and pulled the trigger on an 8GB Sansa Fuze mp3 player for just $105. Why’d I choose the Fuze?
- No special software to install music (drag and drop)
- Passive bookmarking. Automatically remembers where you left off on audiobooks and podcasts
- SDHC slot for future storage expansion (8GB avail now, 16GB coming soon and 32GB expected :-)
- Small formfactor (hopefully one-hand operation possible)
- Very affordable
- Copy-protected WMA support so it will work with Rhapsody and Napster
I do wish it had a built-in speaker and don’t like the proprietary connector. What’s wrong with mini-USB SanDisk?! Oh well. Nothing’s perfect I guess.
It was a close call between this and the iPod Touch, but I already have an N800, and with Canola, it’s pretty close. The Creative Zen was also in the running, but it doesn’t have passive bookmarking. You have to manually mark them.