My 2008 Predictions
My 2008 Predictions
- Housing will not recover in 2008.
- Gasoline will be $4/gallon and stay there.
- Oil will stay over $100 barrel for most of the year.
- The market will take a huge hit, but bounce back by year end.
- Republicans will somehow hang onto White House.
- Lakers will make it the conference finals.
- Foreclosures will be at record levels
- Apple will release a cool tablet which will basically be an iPod Touch with a larger screen.
- My daughter will achive a 3.5 report card…gawd I hope.
- I will buy a new TV.
- The Fed will raise interest rates
- Neither Blueray nor HD DVD will gain traction
- Supply of the Wii will exceed demand
- Steve Jobs will make some deal regarding stock option backdating and avoid having to leave Apple.
- Facebook will fade
My 2007 Prediction Results
- Housing market will continue to decline with flat sales and declining values. In other words, we did not hit bottom in 2006.I think I nailed this.
- Foreclosures will be at record highs Nailed this as well.
- We will see a recession Prolly wrong, but still possible since we wont know until mid '08.
- Oil will hit $80+ a barrel Nailed this. Hit $100!
- The stock market will tank early in the year Bzzzzz wrong! It's having its issues lately though.
- The Fed will cut interest rates Nailed this!
- A major terrorist attack will occur in US Bzzzzz…fortunately I wuz wrong on this.
- Apple with release a true video iPod with underwhelming features, but it will be cool and sell well. Hmmm should have stopped after the first part. 1/2 a nail.
- The iPod will be truly challenged by other media players Bzzzzz
- Microsoft will support PlaysForSure on the Zune Bzzzz
- Steve Jobs will be forced to step down (a terrible thing!) Bzzzzz
- Britney Spears will release a new and successful CD and restart her career her new CD peaked at #2 and she's #1 on Billboard's “The Buzz 100”, so I'm giving me a “nailed” on this one.
- Podcasting will become mainstream. Bzzzz popular yes, but not mainstream.
- Subscription music services will take off. (As opposed to iTunes buy-songs model) Bzzzzz
- Downloadable/on-demand TV shows and movies will be “normal” and expected by consumers Bzzzzz not quite yet.
- DVD and CD sales will show weakness and the latter may decline Nailed…I think
- Neither Blue Ray nor HD-DVD will gain traction Nailed
- FCC will be forced to delay NTSC expiration dates (again) Bzzzz not yet anyways
- Tube-based computer monitors and TVs will all but disappear at stores Nailed
- You Tube will flourish Nailed
- MySpace popularity will decline. Nailed…I think
will consolidate all of their tools (word processor, spreadsheet,
calendar, search, rss reader, store, YouTube, etc.) into a
mainstream-accessible interface. Nailed
- Internet sales tax legislation will not be passed (again) Nailed…permanently.
- I will buy a new MP3 player The N95 counts here, so nailed!
- PS3 will be a flop. Nailed
- XBOX 360 will flourish and a new version with built-in HD-DVD will be released Bzzzzzz, but go the 1st part right
- Intel will continue to dominate x86 CPU market. AMD will not catch up. Nailed
- Windows Vista will meet with great initial resistance, but slowly gain momentum Bzzzzz…the resistance continues…but is prolly futile.
- The Lakers will make it to the conference finals. Bzzzz
- I will get off my fat a$$ and start working out. (This won't be very hard since I do nothing now ;-) Bzzzz unfortunately. Tired to start up golf again, but bursitis got me!
- My daughter's grades will show improvement Nailed, but only a little
- My wife's career will blossom Nailed!!! She's now the SoCal Mktg Mgr for a national CPA firm!
- My hearing and eyesight will continue to decline (C'mon I gotta have at least one slamdunk!) Nailed, but only slight decline fortunately.